Monday, March 2, 2009

Projection

Project:

18. to extend or protrude beyond something else.
19. to use one's voice forcefully enough to be heard at a distance, as in a theater.
20. to produce a clear impression of one's thoughts, personality, role, etc., in an audience; communicate clearly and forcefully.
21. Psychology. to ascribe one's own feelings, thoughts, or attitudes to others.

Thank god a few days off work. I'm so damn sick and tired of being...sick and tired it's killing me. I need some serious sleep and relaxation. 

A little bit of what's going on at the moment.  Our show on Saturday is back on, as it was thought cancelled. But of course, Stephanie wouldn't let this happen and is fighting with everything she can to make sure it works out good. Anyways, I'm damn excited. I can only hope we will get a better turn out than previous attempts so we shall see. She says we need to secure music equipment for LSD. Apparently they need a whole 16 channel board and a full front end. You would think that a band that is on tour would have this stuff. I mean, we don't have the best equipment but enough to play this show and have it sound amazing. Not only that but she is expected to pay for it if they need a rental. Oh well, not outta my pocket. Cover is gonna be 10 dollars. I honestly think we would get a larger turnout with 5. I realize we have to pay LSD and all, but people in this town are honestly too cheap to come to a show for 10 bucks. They would rather buy a pack of smokes or get some beer. It's a little sad. Like damn, I would pay 10 bucks to go see ANY band at ANY venue. Better then sitting at home doing nothing on a Saturday night. 

Other than that, not much else going on. I really want to pick up a old record player from the pawn shop next time I go to cranbrook. Me and my bro have an un-opened vinyl of Floyd's "Dark Side of the Moon". I plan to listen to the whole thing and possibly try to do some writing, as I haven't written creatively in years. Or maybe try and do some projecting. It's usually better to AP in silence, but I feel Floyd would be perfect for easing my mind for it. 

What else? I think I burnt out the windshield wiper motor in my car. Darn. It was raining when I got off work( YAY! Spring time) and I had to wipe off the window with my hoody. Thank fully it stopped shortly after or it would have been a tricky ride home.

Anyways, I might try to get some sleep before we go print off posters and spread them around for the show. Maybe put up a post later....I'm lost for quotes today though....hhhhmmmm.

This is from a picture Rio drew way back in the day in my book.

"One needn't think to comprehend the greatest powers of creativy"- Rio ( I think)



3 comments:

  1. I was surprised last time LSD came to Invy and they didn't have the proper equipment and Steph was stressing about it. Oh well. I hope everything goes smoothly! I also wish I could be there. I send out my love to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a fan of that quote.

    Hopefully the show goes well Saturday, eh? There probably won't be too great of a show up though seeing as it's sort of late notice for it to be finalized as going on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's actually the responsibility of the venue to provide the required sound equipment for the band. For any band, not just this one.

    Anyway, I won't be at the show after all because of . . . things. I'm still in Vancouver. Hopefully it goes better than last time though.

    ReplyDelete