Saturday, March 21, 2009

Change


Change:

1. to make the form, nature, content, future course, etc., of (something) different from what it is or from what it would be if left alone: to change one's name; to change one's opinion; to change the course of history.

2. to transform or convert (usually fol. by into): The witch changed the prince into a toad. 

3. to substitute another or others for; exchange for something else, usually of the same kind: She changed her shoes when she got home from the office. 
4. to give and take reciprocally; interchange: to change places with someone. 
5. to transfer from one (conveyance) to another: You'll have to change planes in Chicago. 

6. to give or get smaller money in exchange for: to change a five-dollar bill.

OH MY GOD, I am moving to Vancouver! Like...ACTUALLY doing it after so many years of talking about it. I'm SO damn excited, and nervous, and scared, and curious. It's a great feeling. Korri gave me an e-mail to someone she knows who is looking for a roomate and I e-mailed her and she sent me a pic of the house and some more info( See above!). I LOVE IT! It looks very used, and "homely". Exactly what I was looking for. It's really close to downtown and science world.

SO...May 9th and I am GONE! I'm gonna load up my car with all my essentials, and start driving. I'm gonna leave about 3AM so I get to Van at about 1 or so, assuming my car doesn't explode or something.

Honestly, I'm not really gonna miss many people here. Maybe it will kick in closer to when I leave. I mean, I will miss my dad and my brother more than anything, but friend-wise, I don't feel like I have any real CLOSE friends. I'm gonna miss Ryan the most I think, and Olivia too. That guy is one of the nicest guys I know and all the good times have been with him pretty much. But all my lovely, brilliant high-school friends that I grew with are in Van or the island, so I don't think I will feel lonely at all.

Anyways, still more than a month to go, so I'll keep you guy posted on how things are going, and to those who are in Van reading this, I will see you soon!!! :P

"Everything in Moderation, even World of Warcraft" Blizzard tip on the WoW loading screen,( Random I know, I'm outta ideas.")


4 comments:

  1. lmao, that is Blizzard's best piece of advice--and I always loved reading that quote. I wish that game wasn't so life sucking or else I'd be pimping my character out. Or I wish WOTLK didn't come out JUST as I was becoming part of the 70 elite crew.

    But that's awesome you're moving out this way and so soon! Looks like you've found the right opportunity and there are tons of possibilities in Vancouver. I'm excited to see where you'll end up!

    And yea, it's too bad we didn't get to catch up in Invermere. Ryan was busy dicking around with Olivia and I was starting to get sick and had to wake up early, etc. If you decide to check out Victoria you have a friend here who'll house you up! Good luck with the move and thanks for giving me a sense of sisterly pride ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. fuck ya lee. it's 3am and I just sent you a random txt cause I am so excited for you! woot woot! love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love you. I am so glad I could help you make that leap. Angela and I were hanging out last night talking about how happy we are that you are going to be here with us. We almost cried. I can't wait.

    ReplyDelete
  4. what would you like for a housewarming present? a lava lamp? a gene krupa c.d.? a bong with claude monet embellishments? ironic, isn't it...i moved from vancouver to the valley when i was 20...and now you're vice versa!!! keep me posted, hon.

    XXX

    ReplyDelete