Thursday, July 5, 2012

One small step for me.

So my last post was a little....depressing. I thought I would write another in my improved state of mind so here it is.

I came to a calming realization today. I was listening to Neil Degrasse Tyson's radio show "StarTalk" today and was just awed by his intelligence, history, and accomplishments. This got me thinking of the rut I seem to be stuck in at the moment. I then came to the conclusion that I need to do something fulfilling and the sooner I started working on it the better. I have been so stuck in all my past mistakes. Not graduating or committing myself to anything I was interested in. All the time that I have wasted has drawn me into this downward spiral of unhappiness and aggravation I usually can't feel I can escape from. Then I started thinking how much time I have left and the only thing to do is look ahead and get to the place I always felt I have already missed. So starting now I am going to make small, gradual changes in order to achieve the fulfillment I'm lacking. I've been trying to graduate high school for a long while now but haven't fully committed to getting it done. I'm gonna use my time more productively. Read and write for a few hours, play games for an hour. Get something accomplished, go out an reward myself with something leisurely. I'm gonna do this slowly, not drastically as to not get frustrated and discouraged. That's the plan anyways.

I could go on, but I wanna keep these a little short.

Change starts now.


No comments:

Post a Comment