Saturday, July 25, 2009

Extra Life

Hello friends.

I guess I'm SLOWLY starting to do these a little more often than I have, and I'll try to keep it up.

Also, not sure if I mentioned this in my last post, but I have been neglectful in reading all of your fine blogs, which I'm also gonna work on. Ever since I got my new computer, it's been a little difficult to keep myself off the games.

So.

I'm not really gonna go into anything personal here. Band is....going. Girl situation is....awesome, although probable that it will lead to disaster. I am...happy. So that's that.

What I do want to mention is an event I'll be "taking part" in this October. It's put on by a website/social community called Sarcastic Gamer, and is a fundraiser to battle pediatric cancer. Gamers from all across the world will join together to game for a 24 hour marathon on October 17th at 8AM till the 18th at 8AM. 

Last year, after only a few months of planning, more than $120,000 was raised so I'm sure this year will be even greater. I pretty much just need to find 4 sponsers, willing to donate 1 dollar for every hour I game on this day. That's only 24 dollars per person. I'm pretty sure I can sponser myself which is good as I don't see anyone paying me to play games for 24 hours straight.

Anyways, for more info about where the money is going and what not you can go HERE. I know none of you reading this are hard core gamers, but maybe it will spark your interest in the event. You can also visit my site for participation at https://waystogive.texaschildrens.org/netcommunity/ExtraLIfeSGFundraiser

I think this is a great thing to do, especially in gaming culture. These are some of the steps that can bring gaming to be more "accepted" by mainstream media, instead of the only headline coverage being the sex scenes from Mass Effect or Grand Theft Auto. 

So yeah, if you read my posts around October time I'll update how much money has been raised and how I personally am doing in getting things together for it.

Until next time..........

4 comments:

  1. October 17th is my birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh really??

    Well how many Super Nintendo games you figure we can beat in 24 hours? :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vista and I will sponsor ya, honey. Not that we have any interest AT ALL in gaming. lol

    love you
    XXX

    ReplyDelete